March 20, 2009

Extreme Motherhood

Go back to Todayinreligion.com


Enough Already!

As Groucho Marx said "I love my cigar, but I take it out of my mouth once in a while."

The extreme motherhood movement was pioneered by QuiverFull. Their homepage links to articles that explain what they are all about. In a nutshell, it's an evangelical fundamentalist Christian movement that doesn't believe in any form of birth control. They equate it with abortion.

Here is a link to an NPR spot about Quiverfull. It was broadcast on March 25, 2009.

The TLC reality show 18 Kids and Counting is an example of the QuiverFull philosophy in practice. The executives of The Learning Channel should be tied to a post and horse whipped for promoting this insanity.

I don't know if she is a follower of QuiverFull, but Nadya Suleman with fourteen children is certainly an extreme mother. Here is a comic video about her giving birth to eight.






Go back to Todayinreligion.com

No comments: